Through the use of page elements, a content template can be designed to the requirements of an organization. Then, the organization will have the ability to distribute the template throughout the SportsEngine site. Templates will automatically connect to all League, Division, and Team Pages if they are assigned when building a Season.
To Unlink the Template, see instructions below. Additional page elements can be added under a Content Template. Unlinking templates will you give the ability to customize the page (this will allow you to add news articles and events). Once a template is unlink, if you make a change to the template the unlinked page will not change.
- All Templates are created as a Connected Template. Modifying the template will automatically update all the elements connected to it. Content within created from a Connected Template can not be modified directly, but instead must be modified from the template.
- Content Variables for Teams, Players, and Coaches can be added, so customized information can pull in to the page elements added to the templates.
- When a template is added the tags with in each element within the content template will automatically have the correct tags.
- Variables can be added to page elements in content templates, so information displays depending on where the template is added or used.
- Unlinking a Template will make that page not change when edits are made to the Original Template.
- The only way to Add News/Events to a Template Page is to Unlink it or to Add the News from a News Collector Page or add an Event to the Calendar Page and use the proper tags.
Step 1: Create Template
Step 1a: In Edit Mode, navigate to SportsEngine HQ.
Step 1b: Select Website then choose Website Tools.
Step 1c: Select Templates.
Step 1d: Click Create New Template.
Step 1e: Fill out the fields in the Template Box (Make sure to enable the template).
Step 1f: Save Template.
Pro Tip: Make the template a default header or footer template to automatically select the template each time you create a new page
Note: To customize a template on a page, you will need to Unlink the template.