The new season's coming up and it's time to set up online registration. This article will give you an intro (or refresher) on how to register players through SportsEngine and help you navigate through our registration help articles.
Before beginning registration make sure you have the following prepared:
- Your SportsEngine account login credentials
- Questions you would like registrants to answer
- Other info or documents to be collected during registration (ex. shirt size, waivers)
- Pricing information
- Bank authorization form and a voided check
- Tax ID (business EIN or personal SSN)
First you will want to determine whether you want to collect payments through the Registration; will people need to pay in order to register?
If you are collecting payments, the first step will be to request your registration. After submitting your request, our team will build your registration for you!
If you are not collecting payments, you have the option to build your non-monetary registration yourself. You can also request that we build your registration if you prefer by submitting the registration request form.
Testing and Editing a Registration
If you are not satisfied with a registration built by our team, you can submit any revisions to our Customer Success team by visiting the Contact Us area.
Enabling and Sharing a Registration
Now that you are satisfied with your registration go ahead and enable the registration, which makes it active.
Once the registration is enabled, you can share the registration with your members by posting the registration link on your site. You can also share the registration URL directly with members via email or social media.
Now people can register! You can manually register someone else for them if necessary.
Using Registrant Data
Now that registrations are coming in, you may want to view registrant's data; you can do this by creating a report.
If you want to segment registrants by teams, age group, or another parameter so that you can message specific segments, you can do this by creating smart groups.
You can also add registrants to rosters on team pages.
Registration FinancialsWhenever you want to check on how much money has come in through each registration, just view your financial statements.
Sometimes life happens and someone needs a refund, no problem- just visit the orders tab to process a refund.
Preparing for a Registration
- Request a Registration or Build your Own Non-Monetary Registration
- Pre-registration Checklist
- Submitting Revision to email@example.com
- Discount Code Information
- Archive Old Registrations
Articles for After the Registration Build is Complete
- Edit/Manage Content on Pages
- Test the Registration Session
- Enabling the Registration Session
- Post the Registration Link
- Add Registration as a Program to Sportsengine.com